Portland Farmers Market invites everyone to its annual Great Pumpkin Events on Sunday, October 25, at the King Market, and on Saturday, October 31, at the Portland Farmers Market at PSU. These Halloween harvest celebrations will be filled with fun for shoppers of all ages.
The Great Pumpkin Event at King – Sunday, Oct. 25
- Beginning at 10 am, visitors can take part in pumpkin carving for kids and adults. Pumpkins are free of charge.
- Face painting and goody bags for children.
- Costumes are highly encouraged.
- Live entertainment by Castletown, 11:30 am to 2:00 pm.
The Great Pumpkin Event at PSU – Saturday, Oct. 31
- From 9 am to noon (or while supplies last), visitors can take part in a pumpkin-carving contest for kids and adults. Prizes include a market basket for the best child carving ($40 value) and $50 in market tokens for the best adult carving. Winners are announced at 12:30 from the market music stage. Winners must be present to win.
- The children’s costume parade starts at noon at the information booth and wends around the north block of the market. All costumed kiddos receive a goody bag for dressing up.
- Market tunes will be provided by the Hops & Honey String Band from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm.