Marshall’s Haute Sauce is back at PSU for the season and to welcome Sarah back to market, here is a recipe featuring one of her delicious sauces. Sarah was recently on KATU’s Afternoon Live show, where she made these delicious lettuce wraps featuring mushrooms from the farmer’s market! Be sure to watch the segment and then visit the market this Saturday to pick up Sarah’s Red Chili Lime sauce plus some mushrooms so you can make this delicious recipe!
- 3 cups chopped mushrooms (Find them at Springwater Farm, Anahuac Produce, or Rick’s Wild Mushrooms at PSU)
- 2 scallions (Find them at Groundwork Organics or Rick’s Wild Mushrooms at PSU)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 head lettuce, washed
- 1/4 cup Red Chili Lime Haute Sauce
- 8 oz can water chestnuts
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TBSP butter (can use olive oil to make this dish vegan)
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- Drain and roughly chop the water chestnuts. In a medium bowl, stir together the chestnuts, soy sauce, and Red Chili Lime Sauce – set aside.
- In a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Once melted, add the mushrooms. Let them cook untouched for 2-3 minutes. Shake pan and let cook another 2-3 minutes. Stir the mushrooms, then add the chestnut mixture and stir again. Let cook 2-3 minutes untouched. Continue until dark golden brown and no liquid remains.
- Wrap in lettuce leaves, garnish with scallions, basil, and peanuts.
Download and print the recipe.