Join us for Chef in the Market cooking demonstrations to celebrate height-of-the-season market ingredients. Market-goers can watch as Chefs prepare delectable dishes, while sharing skills and ingredient knowledge. Find our Chef in the Market stage at PSU Farmers Market near SW Park Avenue & Montgomery Street on Saturdays June 1 through October 5. Demonstrations start at 10 a.m. and include a sample of the day’s recipe.
The 2019 season of Chef in the Market is generously sponsored by Amica Insurance.
Jacob Valentine of Feed the Mass will be making Ramen with Vegetables and Eggs.
Kyushu Miso Ramen Broth
- 1 lb Mushroom
- 1/2 Gallon Water
- 2 tbsp Miso Paste
- 1 tbsp Chinese five spice
- 1 Roasted Onion
- 1 Sheet Kombu
Toppings for the bowl
- 4 oz Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Green Onion
- 0.5 oz Carrot juliennes
- 0.5 tsp Sake
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Rice wine vinegar
- TT Sriracha / Sambal
- In a pot, add all broth ingredients and bring to a boil. Bring down to a simmer.
- Discard any foamy gunk that floats to the top.
- Simmer broth for 4 hours. Optional: put broth in a slow cooker on high.
- After 4 hours, pull out bones and strain through a fine mesh strainer.
- Season broth to your liking and serve.