Join us for Chef in the Market cooking demonstrations to celebrate height-of-the-season market ingredients. Market-goers can watch as Chefs prepare delectable dishes, while sharing skills and ingredient knowledge. Find our Chef in the Market stage at PSU Farmers Market near SW Park Avenue & Montgomery Street on Saturdays June 1 through October 5. Demonstrations start at 10 a.m. and include a sample of the day’s recipe.
Jacob Valentine of Feed the Mass will be preparing Melon and Tomatillo Salad.
The 2019 season of Chef in the Market is generously sponsored by Amica Insurance.
Melon and Tomatillo Salad
yields 6 people
prep time 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 sprig thyme
- tt salt and pepper
- 8 oz watermelon lrg diced
- 8 oz honeydew lrg diced
- 8 oz cantaloupe lrg diced
- 8 oz tomatillo lrg diced
- 1 English cucumber medium diced
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 Serano or Jalepeno
- Combine dressings in a jar and shake well.
- Add salad in a bowl and gently mix
- Dress salad and make sure salt and pepper content is there.