Join us for Chef in the Market cooking demonstrations to celebrate height-of-the-season market ingredients. Market-goers can watch as Chefs prepare delectable dishes, while sharing skills and ingredient knowledge. Find our Chef in the Market stage at PSU Farmers Market near SW Park Avenue & Montgomery Street on Saturdays June 1 through October 5. Demonstrations start at 10 a.m. and include a sample of the day’s recipe.
Chef Jacob Valentine of Feed the Mass will be preparing Asian Soba Noodle Salad.
The 2019 season of Chef in the Market is generously sponsored by Amica Insurance.
Asian Soba Noodle Salad
Yields 4 portions
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 ea orange juice and zest
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Tt salt and red chili flakes
- 16 oz protein of choice
- 1 zucchini cut into half
- 1 yellow squash cut into half
- 1 bunch green onions
- 16 oz of soba noodles cooked
- 1 bell pepper julienne
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Tt salt and pepper
- Sesame seeds
- To make dressing put all ingredients into a mason jar and shake.
- Fully cook protein and let it rest and keep warm.
- Oil, salt and pepper green onion and squash. Grill until charred and flimsy.
- Chop zucchini into bite size pieces and mix with soba noodles and bell pepper. Dress lightly with the dressing and let it sit for 5 minutes minimum.
- To serve, plate the salad. Chop protein into bite size pieces and top on salad. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion.