Join us for Chef in the Market cooking demonstrations to celebrate height-of-the-season market ingredients. Market-goers can watch as Chefs prepare delectable dishes, while sharing skills and ingredient knowledge. Find our Chef in the Market stage at PSU Farmers Market near SW Park Avenue & Montgomery Street on Saturdays June 1 through October 5. Demonstrations start at 10 a.m. and include a sample of the day’s recipe.
Chefs Yuri Baxter-Neal & Sakiko Setaka will be demonstrating how to make Temari and also how to make Simple Syrups.
The 2019 season of Chef in the Market is generously sponsored by Amica Insurance.
Click here for the Temari instructions
Strawberry Simple Syrup
- Strawberries 1lb Washed and halved
- Simple syrup 8-10 oz [depending]
- Lemon juice [optional] 1-2 Tbsp
Add all the ingredients into a blender, and blend till smooth or leave a bit of chunkiness depending on your preference
[Easy way to make Simple Syrup! No heat needed.]
- Add equal parts water and sugar in a jar. Make sure the jar is not more than 2/3 full. Seal the lid tightly.
- Shake the jar continuously till sugar has dissolved. Let rest for 1 min then shake again. It might leave a bit of sugar on the bottom of the jar. If so add equal amounts of water and repeat same way
- Of course you can heat the water and sugar in a small saucepan, stirring till the sugar has dissolved. Cool and store in the refrigerator.