Join us every 3rd Sunday of the month from 10-11 a.m. for our Kids Demo Booth at King Farmers Market! We’ll be inviting our youngest market-goers to help us explore and taste fresh market ingredients in this hands-on activity. The demo is free and kids can stay for as little or as long as they’d like.
On November 17th, we’ll be preparing a Spinach, Persimmon, Feta, and Hazelnut Salad.
Spinach, Persimmon, Feta, and Hazelnut Salad
Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 large bag/bunch of spinach or lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 medium-size firm but ripe Fuyu persimmons, peeled, halved, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Combine vinegar, shallot, and mustard in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Season dressing with salt & pepper.
- Place spinach in large bowl; toss with dressing. Gently toss in persimmons, cheese, and nuts. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.