15 February 2013
With all the focus on LOVE this week, it got us thinking about the things we heart. We heart farmers, for sure. We heart eating fresh local food in the heart of winter too. We heart the hardy vendors who bring their harvests and handcrafted foodstuffs to market each week and the equally dedicated shoppers who show up rain or shine to support them.
We also have to admit, some foods–like some people–just seem made for each other. Here are some market matches that we love:
- Raymond Kuenzi Walnuts + Packer Orchards Pears
- Tails & Trotters Bacon + Greenville Farms Eggs
- Columbia River Smoked Salmon + Persephone Farm Watercress
- Sudan Farms Lamb + Copper Crown Pesto
- Alsea Acres Goat Cheese Fromage Blanc + Tastebud Bagels
- Spring Hill Organic Farm Chicory Mix + Old World Apples
- Ancient Heritage Adele Cheese + Fressen Bakery Pretzel Bread
- Jacobs Creamery Hand-Churned Butter + All these butter vehicles
- Boyco Varietal Honey + Rogue Creamery Blue Cheese
- Two Tarts Cookies + Your Mouth
Try these combos or make your own market love connections this Saturday, 10-2, at SW Park & Salmon. Only two more markets left! PSU opens March 16th.