Article from Deborah Pleva
Beginning July, 5th, Noon Tunes Summer Concert series presented by MUVE Music & KINK.fm will be offering music lovers a little Market flavor with A Taste of Portland Farmers Market at the Square. Each concert will offer a mini farmers’ market of sorts with a berry vendor, an ice cream vendor, and four prepared food vendors serving dishes with ingredients almost entirely sourced from Portland Farmers Market farmers and food producers.
“A Taste of Portland Farmers Market is exactly that: delicious dishes featuring ingredients sourced directly from Portland Farmers Market farmers and food producers,” said Trudy Toliver, executive director of Portland Farmers Market. “It’s the lunch you wish you had the time or talent to make yourself after a big trip to the farmers’ market. From mouthwatering sandwiches, salads and tamales to summer-perfect ice cream, smoothies and pie, Portlanders can now enjoy farm-fresh meals while enjoying the Square’s Noon Tunes Summer Concert Series. It’s the quintessential Portland lunchtime experience!”
A Taste of Portland Farmers Market will feature the following vendors and dishes:
- C’est Si Bon – Cool smoothie blends featuring fruits from Gala Springs and Winter Farms and fresh herbs from Groundwork Organics and Gathering Together Farms, and sandwiches with ingredients from Deck Family Farm, Winters Farm, Rogue Creamery, Freddy Guys Hazelnuts, Gala Springs, Groundwork Organics and Grand Central Bakery.
- Micro Mercantes – Tamales made with vegetables grown by the vendors using land in the Victory Garden in Forest Grove in partnership with Adelente Mujeres Agricultural Program, and chicken and meat from Deck Family Farm.
- Lauretta Jean’s – Seasonal sweet and savory pies by the whole or slice with ingredients sourced from Old World Apples, Baird Family Farms, Gathering Together Farm, Spring Hill Farm, Fraga Farm and Wag Eggs.
- Verde Cocina – Weekly beef special, featuring all-natural, pasture raised beef from Sexton Ranches; Ensalada Special featuring vegetables from Gathering Together Farms; Tofu Mole featuring Portland’s Ota Family tofu; Huevos Rancheros and Chilaquiles with eggs from Sweet Briar Farms.
- Unger Farms – Farm-fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries.
- Scoop Handmade Ice Cream – Hand-crafted ice cream and sorbet made from local fruits and dairy products sourced from Lochmead Dairy in Junction City, OR.
- LoveJoy Food – Handmade salads and sandwiches that change with the seasons. Produce and proteins sourced from Portland Farmers Market vendors.
- Salvador Molly’s – A vegan menu feauturing vegetables largely sourced from Deep Roots Farm: Atakelte Field Vegetables, a mix of local, seasonal vegetables topped with crispy Ethiopian-spiced chickpeas; Kenyan Fruit Farm Dumpling, with seasonal, local fruit; Djon djon, Haitian mushroom rice with greens & local white wine; and Vegan Tamale, with seasonal vegetable filling.
- Verde Cocina (see above)
- Micro Mercantes (see above)
- South Barlow Berries – Farm-fresh berries and stone fruit.
- Ruby Jewel – All natural ice cream sandwiches made from northwest ingredients.