01 May 2010
5/1 Chef in the Market Demo: David Barber, Three Square Grill & Picklopolis
May 1, 2010 Chef in the Market demonstration by:
David Barber, Three Square Grill & Picklopolis.
Picklopolis Spring Mix
1 cup white wine vinegar
1 1/2 cups Cider Vinegar
2 1/2 cups Water
1/2 cup Pickling or Kosher Salt
1 tsp black peppercorns
2 bay leaves
½ tsp fennel seeds
1 pinch chili flakes
1 bulb Garlic – trim and peel cloves
1 # Asparagus- trim off woody end and wash well.
1 # Fiddleheads – trim end and wash well.
- In a 2 quart pot combine white vinegar, cider vinegar, water, and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add peppercorns, bay leaves, fennel seeds, clove, chili flakes and garlic.
- Return to a boil.
- Then add asparagus and fiddleheads.
- Remove from heat immediately
- Let cool to room temperature
- Put in refrigerator
- DO NOT PUT THE LID ON UNTIL COLD.
- They will keep for a long time.