Portland Farmers Market invites everyone to its annual Great Pumpkin Events on Saturday, October 29 at the Portland Farmers Market at PSU and Sunday, October 30 at the King Market. These Halloween harvest celebrations will be filled with fun for shoppers of all ages.
The Great Pumpkin Event at PSU – Saturday, Oct. 29
- From 9 am to noon (or while supplies last), visitors can take part in a pumpkin-carving contest for kids and adults, (g)hosted by market sponsor Dave’s Killer Bread. Winners will receive a gift basket of Dave’s Killer Bread goodies and will be announced at 12:30 from the market music stage. Winners must be present to win.
- Dave’s Killer Bread will be sampling bread and handing out giveaways to market shoppers from 8:30 am to 2 pm. The first 50 shoppers to bring a love note professing their love for Dave’s Killer Bread will get a free t-shirt and the first 500 fans who visit their booth will receive a free loaf of Honey Oats & Flax.
- The children’s costume parade starts at noon at the information booth and wends around the north block of the market. All costumed kiddos can visit the DKB booth to receive a goody bag for dressing up.
- Market tunes will be provided by Boomeration from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm.
The Great Pumpkin Event at King – Sunday, Oct. 30
- Beginning at 10 am, visitors can take part in pumpkin carving for kids and adults. Pumpkins are free of charge.
- Games and goody bags for children.
- Costumes are highly encouraged.
- Live entertainment by Scratchdog Stringband, 11:30 am to 2:00 pm.