Summer vegetables are so sweet and fresh that they beg to be prepared simply. This recipe, provided by market sponsor Whole Foods Market, combines some of the freshest veggies available at the market this time of the year in a simple yet delicious way.
Recipes like this one can be found at our King Market on Sundays, sponsored generously by Whole Foods through our weekly Taste the Place activity.
Thank you to Whole Foods for your support and for contributing recipes that show off the freshest market ingredients our farmers have to offer!
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ears corn, grilled
- 1 pound green beans, blanched and cooled
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup basil leaves, thinly shredded
- 4 ounces ricotta salata, shaved
Prepare vinaigrette by whisking together mustard, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Cut kernels off corn cobs and put in a large bowl. Add beans, tomatoes, onion and basil. Drizzle vinaigrette over and toss to combine. Top with ricotta salata and serve.