12 April 2013
It’s been a busy week at the Market. Instead of a traditional copy highlighting this week’s market, we have lists of ideas to do with items you’ll find at this week’s market.
10 Things to do with asparagus
- Stir Fry.
- Mix in risotto.
- Hollandaise Sauce.
- Spicy Peanut Sauce.
- Soup (add to this crab and noodle soup to make improbably more awesome; thanks Wildwood).
- Salad Rolls (See #7).
- Syrup (thanks to Elizabeth Miller).
- Muddle a inch chunk into an Old Fashion. Skip the cherry.
- BONUS: Rhubarb stalks are technically called, petioles. Take that Scrabble dictionary.
- Place a bouquet in vase to distract guests from the fact that you live in a dusty bachelor’s home.
- Invite guests over to be distracted by flowers, if no one arrives, there’s a pretty bouquet to cheer you up.
- This Recipe (Thanks Debra from Blue Raven Wellness).
- Radish, Kale and Carrot Salad; possibly chickpeas.
Spring Garlic & Onions
- Sauteed in BUTTER!, pureed. Bread optional; radishes for the carb-avoiders.
- Grilled Cheese; possibly quesadillas.