Oh, the Possibilities!
by Kelly Merrick
Even if you missed the opening of the 2013 PSU market and didn’t get to see Mayor Charlie Hales ring the opening bell, you didn’t miss your chance to get your hands on some delicious produce and locally-made goodies, because lucky for you the market now runs every Saturday until December with more than 100 vendors.
If you did miss last week’s market, hopefully you’ll be able to make it this weekend, because it’s the perfect opportunity to browse the vendors, both old and new, and start thinking about what you want to serve for Easter dinner.
Consider the possibilities:
- Pick out your choice cut of meat for your main dish (if lamb is what you’re after, you may need to pre-order)
- Imagine the many sides you can make to accompany your choice of meat or other main dish if you’re a veggie-holic like me
- Salivate over the many dessert options, like pie, mousse and chocolate
- Pick up some wine or cider to serve your guests
- Scout out a beautiful centerpiece for your table
While you’re busy being inspired, don’t miss Enlighten Your Palate’s “enlightened creams” like chocolate mousse; and Pono Farms, who will be selling hot food adjacent to the booth where they sell pastured meats (I haven’t tried them, but word on the street is that their pulled pork sandwich and pork belly tacos are amazing).
Unfortunately, you’ll have to do without Lady Lane Farm’s milk and cream, because they’ll be out for a few weeks while their production increases. We’ll be sure to keep you posted on when we expect them back.
Regardless of who is at the market this week, it’s sure to be a good time, so bundle up and come on by! I hear it’s supposed to be chilly but dry.