30 October 2015
This recipe, submitted by vendor Eatin’ Alive, is just in time for the holidays and makes good use of the abundant winter squash at market.
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 lb. butternut squash
- 4 oz coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/2 Tbsp Vanilla extract
1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp clove
- 3/4 tsp cardamom
- Blend nuts in food processor until finely ground.
- Pour into bowl and mix with salt, set aside.
- In food processor blend dates with coconut oil and vanilla until mixture forms a ball.
- Mix with nut mixture until fully incorporated.
- Press into pie tin, set aside.
- Blend filling ingredients in blender until smooth.
- Pour into crust and put in refrigerator until firm, about 2 hours.