28 May 2010
Seasonal Recipe: Spinach with Tofu and Oyster Mushrooms
Spinach with Tofu and Oyster Mushrooms
By Eric Wynkoop, Chef Instructor at The International Culinary School at The Art Institute of Portland
¼ cup Light (color) soy sauce
2 tbsp Lime, lemon, or yuzu juice
1 tsp Ginger, grated or minced
2 cloves Garlic, grated or minced
1 pack (12-16 oz) Tofu, medium texture, ½” dice
6 cups Spinach or mesclun mix
2 tbsp Vegetable oil
2 cups Oyster and/or shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp Sesame oil
- Combine soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, and ginger in a mixing bowl.
- Add tofu and coat with dressing.
- Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Place the greens in a serving bowl.
- Remove the tofu from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat; add the oil; sauté mushrooms until soft.
- Add the tofu and cook until tofu is heated through; spoon tofu over the greens.
- In a saucepan, bring the reserved marinade to a boil.
- Stir in the sesame oil, then pour the hot marinade over the greens and gently toss.
- Enjoy immediately.
Pingback : Seasonal Recipe–Spinach with Mushrooms | Fresh and Frugal