Post by Kelly Merrick
Photos from a post about the winter market’s opening day a few weeks ago reminded me of one reason why I love the Winter Market so much. Haven’t been to the market yet? Here are ten reasons why you should go this weekend:
- It’s an excuse to get out of the house on a chilly Saturday morning.
- You can continue to eat healthy, delicious, local produce and goods throughout the winter.
- Our market vendors put the time and effort to stand out in the cold every weekend and sell you their healthy, delicious local produce and goods.
- You can get a frequent shopper card and be entered for a chance to win a market gift basket!
- Verde Cocina and Salvador Molly’s are braving the winter chill to bring you hot, delicious food while you shop!
- Winter greens, such as kale and chard, which are full of calcium, riboflavin and other important nutrients, are abundant this time of year and can be found at many stands.
- Because there are fewer vendors, you can spend more time lingering at each stand and get to know your vendors better!
- You can still get a variety of juicy, crisp apples that make for the perfect apple pies, crisps or snacks.
- Root vegetables are plentiful and the weather is chilly, so you can experiment with new recipes in the comfort of your warm kitchen.
- Cold weather means shoppers bundle up in colorful coats, scarves and hats, making them (almost) as colorful as the produce they’re buying!