Things you should know about the Winter Market this weekend:
1.You can find a lot more than kale, but the kale is pretty awesome too.
2. You’ll have to wait until next week to stock up on CHOP Butchery’s (possibly award winning) charcuterie. Owner Eric Finley will be in San Francisco this weekend at the Good Food Awards, where his Chicken Liver Bourbon Mousse is a contender in the charcuterie category. Congrats to Eric and the other PFM vendors nominated this year: Briar Rose Creamery, Unbound Pickling and Olympic Provisions.
3. If you’re lucky, you could find these at Groundwork Organics:
4. Old World Apples will be back this week with their fragrant heirloom orbs of goodness. More apples and pears for eating, baking and juicing can be found at Packer Orchards and Kiyokawa Orchards.
5. Marven Winters and his vegetable-themed shirts will be starring at the Winters Farms booth, along with “free range” honey and the tiniest, tender baby Brussels sprouts you can imagine.
6. Soup. Heidi at Souper Natural will have handmade soups to take home for the week and Chef Kathryn will be ladling up steaming bowls of mushroom-laden goodness at the Springwater Farm booth to enjoy hot at the market.
7. If it’s good enough for Noe, it’s good enough for you.
The Winter Market runs on Saturday from 10-2 at SW Park and Salmon. See you there!