22 April 2016
What’s Fresh at PSU 4/23: Spring Greens
You wouldn’t know it by today’s weather but we’ve had some incredibly beautiful spring weather the past few weeks. And when temperatures start to hover around 75 or 80 degrees, it’s officially spring salad season. You know, the time when you transition away from warm, hearty soups and baked dishes and start to enjoy lighter summer meals.
Our vendors have a variety of spring greens that you can turn into a delicious and hearty meal, such as asian salad mix, spinach, swiss chard, sprouts, lettuces, bok choi and more!
Here are a few other things you can find at market this week:
- La Terra Vita will be back this week with spring veggies, including Japanese spinach
- Stop by Temptress Truffles and try their goat milk caramel (cajeta). It’s phenomenal on a toasted baguette with honey drizzled on top.
- Raynblest Farms returns to market this week with honey and beeswax creations like lip balm and candles.
- Visit Stonebarn Brandyworks and pick up some regional fruit brandy, whiskey or liqueur, perfect for cocktails or straight sipping.
- Thomas & Son’s Distillery will be back with their unique tea spirits produced with tea from Townshend’s Tea Company.
- Carman Ranch will have flat iron steaks for your weekend grilling needs
- Gathering Together Farm and Rick Steffen Farm will continue to have strawberries.
- Blue Heron Herbary and Sun Gold Farm will continue to have herb starts.
- Salvador Molly’s is now offering a to-go pack of their tamales. Pick up a half dozen of their artichoke, market veggie or weekly special.
- Pick up a dozen duck eggs from Dancing Chicken Farm.
- Asparagus continues to be prolific – pick yours up from one of many vendors, including Winters Farm, Springbank Farm, Rick Steffen Farm, Lucky Farms, Favorite Produce of Oregon or Chang Family Farm and possibly more!
- DeNoble Farms will have carrots this week, perfect for salads or snacking.
Out this week:
- Mio’s Delectables – returning 4/30
- Stephens Farm – returning 4/30
- Eatin’ Alive – returning 5/7
- Food Waves – returning 5/7
- Unger Farms – returning 5/7
- Twist Wine – returning 5/7