07 September 2017
What’s in Season: Late Summer
Labor Day has come and gone, but summer is still in season at the seven open-air markets operated by the Portland Farmers Market.
While produce will vary by location, week-to-week, the following list represents what you can find at some or all of our markets in the Portland Metro area in September. View Market Locations
This list is maintained by our staff and volunteers so if we missed something, leave a note in the comments below. If you are looking for something specific, please call our office and we’ll be happy to help.
- Bell Peppers (all colors)
- Cucumbers: Diva, Lemon, Pickling
- Green Beans
- Leafy Greens: Arugula, Chard, Collard Greens, Kale, Lettuce, Spinach, Watercress
- Onions: White, Red, Green
- Peppers: Jalapeño, Shishito, Padron, Italian
- Potatoes: Sweet Potatoes, Red Potatoes, Yukon Gold and more
- Squash: Butternut, Delicata, Pink Banana, Spaghetti and more varieties!
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Tomatoes: Beefsteak, Brandywine, Cherry, Early Girl, Heirlooms, Sungold
- Apples: Cameo, Gala, Granny Smith
- Pears: Bartlett, Red Bartlett and more to come!
- Strawberries (almost done for the season)
In addition to the seasonal produce listed above, you’ll also find the following products at the Portland Farmers Market on Saturday at PSU and other select markets on other days:
- Bread & Baked Goods (including Gluten and Vegan)
- Cheeses (goat, sheep, cow)
- Grains & Dried Beans
- Jams & Preserves
- Lavender Products
- Nut Butters
- Pickled Products
- Soups & Sauces
- Wine & Spirits
- And more!