This recipe comes to us from Leena Ezekial of Thali Supper Club as part of our Chef in the Market series at our PSU Market.
- 1 # ground lamb
- 2 T cashew nuts, pounded
- ½ C fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 T fresh ginger, minced
- 4 tsp vegetable or canola oil
- Extra oil for frying
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- Whisk the egg and add the cumin powder, pepper, cayenne salt and oil. Add this to the ground meat and mix well. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add the pounded cashew nut, ginger, onion, cilantro, coriander powder and garam masala to the lamb and mix well.
- Divide it into equal portions and wrap each portion around a skewer using wet hands.
- Broil in an oven or grill for about 8 minutes, basting with oil just once.
- Remove from skewers and brush with a little butter for added flavor, just before serving. Garnish with red onion rings and cilantro if desired.