20 REASONS TO COME TO OUR
20TH ANNIVERSARY PARTY
- You are supporting Portland Farmers Market, a nonprofit that has been bringing fresh, local food to Portland residents for the past 20 years.
- This is not your mother’s sit down dinner. Instead, guests will roam multiple floors and rooms in the building to eat, imbibe, learn about and witness the preparation of delicious local food and drink.
- In the savory kitchen, Chefs Cory Schreiber, Scott Dolich, Noe Garnica, Naoko Tamura and Leena Ezekial are cooking just for you, using local ingredients to take you on a culinary tour from the Pacific Northwest through Italy, Mexico, India and Japan.
- Partygoers can watch and chat with the chefs as they serve up their creations directly from pan to plate.
- In the sweet kitchen, there will be live dessert demos and treats from Elizabeth Beekley of Two Tarts Bakery (mini cookies), Suzanne Popick from Suzanne’s Chocolaterie (handmade chocolate confections) and Kate McMillian of Lauretta Jean’s (mini pies).
- A serious spread of goodies from your favorite Portland Farmers Market vendors will further whet your appetite.
- Olympic Provisions salumi and Tails & Trotters pates and terrines are the stuff of carnivores’ dreams.
- Cheeses from Ancient Heritage Dairy, Willamette Valley Cheese and Dee Creek Farm taste even better with fresh-baked baguettes from Delphina’s Bakery, Freddy Guys Oregon hazelnuts and small-batch pickles from Zoe’s Favorite Pickles and Preserves.
- Choi’s Kimchi is bringing the spice, the salt and the funk!
- Twist Wine Co., Upright Brewing, Wandering Aengus Ciderworks and Vincent Family Cranberries provide all the local wine, beer, hard cider and juice mocktails you can drink.
- Hot fresh-brewed coffee served directly from Trailhead Coffee’s infamous café bike.
- Enjoy the excitement of live cooking demos in the two chef’s kitchens or relax in the upstairs wine and cheese lounge while listening to live music.
- Get an insider’s view of The International Culinary School’s kitchens, classrooms and restaurant.
- Meet Portland Farmers Market staff, board members, vendors, friends and supporters.
- Whether you are vegetarian, flexitarian or omnivorous, there will be plenty of good for all!
- It will be an interactive, unexpected and memorable event celebrating the bounty of our region and those that grow it, produce it and cook it.
- You might just learn something.
- Portland Farmers Market has long been the place where farmers, food lovers, chefs and community intersect and this party will be no different.
- Funds raised help us achieve our mission of operating vibrant farmers markets that contribute to the success of local food growers and producers, strengthen our food economy and serve as community gathering places.
- Come on—it’s our 20th Anniversary! Let’s celebrate!
Thursday, October 20, 2011
6:30 – 8:30pm
SHARP Restaurant at
The International Culinary School at The Art Institute of Portland
34 NW 8th Avenue