This recipe comes from Deck Family Farm, a vendor at our PSU and King Farmers Markets. They strive to bring the most flavorful and diverse products to market while remembering their humanitarian and ecological responsibilities. Visit their market booth each week and follow them on Facebook for weekly specials!
Download a copy of the recipe here.
Yield- 4 servings
- 1 package pork garlic sausage (4 links)
- 1 large onion or 2 small onions
- 1 large bell pepper or 2 small bell peppers
- (optional) 1 jalapeno or serrano pepper
- 5 tbsp bacon fat or lard
- 1 tbsp red wine
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp rosemary
- ¼ tsp parsley
- Slice peppers and onions into about ¼ inch wide strips. Set aside.
- Preheat large cast iron skillet to medium high heat, add fat.
- Take sausages out of packaging then place in skillet when preheated.
- Brown sausages on each side for 2 minutes, then add vegetables.
- Add wine and seasoning, and reduce heat to medium.
- Continue cooking until vegetables are slightly caramelized and sausages are cooked through, about 7-10 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!